Pages

Friday, February 23, 2024

Initial Impressions 2.0 #4: No DMs, Abandoned Shopping Carts, LED Headlights, etc

#4: No DMs


1. I rarely, if ever, accept invitations from people on LinkedIn. I have found out over the past few years that any ‘invite’ you accept is really an invite for them to blast your messages with services you don’t want and didn’t ask for. Just this week I felt bad and added 2 people and within 5 minutes I had messages about optimizing my YouTube channel. I should have known better.


2. Has anyone else noticed people leaving their shopping carts somewhere in the supermarket and then walking far away to grab something and bring it back to their cart? Do they think there’s a force field so that you can only bring your cart to certain areas? I have seen this too many times to count in the last year, it’s really weird.


Hey wait, don't forget your cart!


3. A weird occurrence that happens to me a lot is that I seem to choose the same places on Cape Cod to photograph at the same time of year. This is typically by accident where I’ll see photos of the same place I had just gone in my Facebook memories the same day or the following day. I guess I am a creature of habit without even trying.


I end up at this spot in Centerville, MA nearly every February

4. Getting tens of thousands of views on my blog monthly should be a great achievement. Too bad it’s 99% bots. How do I know this? Because even though my overall view count goes up the view count on any specific posts does not. There should be articles that have tons of views corresponding to all of the general views, right? Yay, thanks bots for making me feel almost successful.


5. Spring can’t come soon enough, the winter blues have taken hold. It’s only partly the weather though. It’s feeling like I’m working twice as hard to get half as far in my content/podcast career, it’s feeling far more isolated since Covid happened, and in the pursuit of my career, it’s growing tired of looking for the ‘right’ person, and the weather, okay it is the weather too.


6. Another business in the same building as my job apparently found a package meant for my boss in their warehouse this week. When was it delivered to the building? November 2022. Pretty much everything was a loss. I don’t know who gets a package anywhere and doesn’t check to make sure it’s theirs, some pretty stupid people there.


Sorry we misplaced your delivery for 15 months.



7. I am now of the age where getting a fancy new electric toothbrush is considered very exciting. I don’t need a luxury car, a super expensive smartphone, or anything like that. A chance to remove 100% more plaque is even better.


8. Since I am back in race training for the first time in nearly 7 years I am starting to have dreams of me running races. Unfortunately, most of the dreams involve me somehow getting lost on the running route. I am hoping this is not a sign of things to come. I don’t need a search party trying to find me like an old person who wandered away from the retirement home.


Race day premonitions?



9. LED headlights are the worst invention ever for vehicles. They literally blind anyone coming in the opposite direction. There has to be a happy medium where headlights are brighter and better but not so much that they put other drivers at risk for their lives.


10. After having a pretty blah day I was walking around Market Basket when I spotted a little girl of maybe 2 staring at me and smiling. I smiled and said hi but she got shy and her parents laughed. That moment instantly made my day 100% better. Thank you to them.


Subscribe to the YouTube Channel

No comments: