Pages

Friday, February 9, 2024

Initial Impressions 2.0 #2: Life Chapters, Snowbows, Being A Morning Person, etc

#2 - Life Chapters



1. When you stop and really think, it’s amazing just how many chapters your life has. They’re based around certain people, relationships, places, and jobs. In the end, all of them end up shaping you into who you were, are, and will be. You never know when an old chapter will end, or when a new one will begin.

2. The internet went out at work and everything came to a stand-still. I find it funny that I grew up in the 80s and I had no internet access until I turned 18, but even I have no idea what to do with myself if it goes down. I’m not saying I want to go back to only a few channels on TV and the Dewey Decimal System for research though.

3. I was going to check on a person doing some treadmill work and was distracted by the amazing sunset outside. Suddenly I couldn’t care less about the person on the treadmill, they could have gone flying off of it. I needed to grab my phone and get a photo through the trees. Priorities.


The sunset photo in question.

4. I am a morning person, but not an early morning person. There is a huge difference between waking up between 7-7:30am slowly and gently and waking up at 5am hoping that any caffeine kicks in ASAP.

5. I hate when I’m wearing long sleeves and I roll up the sleeves to wash my hands and the sleeves slide back down and get soaked under the water. First World Problems.

6. The other day it was snowing while the sun was out. I was hoping to see a "snowbow." I was laughed at by people at work who thought I was making it up. You know, there are other ‘bows’ besides a rainbow. Snowbow. Fogbow. They thought I was talking about new Pokemon unless those aren’t ‘in’ anymore, then I mean that thought I was talking about (insert popular reference here).

7. One of my bucket list photos I want to take is one of deer on the beach at sunrise. On Cape Cod, this is actually a real possibility. I got so close this week as 4 deer were walking down the road toward the beach I was going to for sunrise. Then they decided to go off toward the woods, sabotaging my great moment. I felt like running after them and trying to chase them to the beach. Or at least buying a few stuffed animal deer and faking the photo.


I want a photo like this, just real and not AI.

8. From the ‘I Was Born Blond’ department. Where I live the washing machine is connected by a switch that you flip up or down to open the hose to let water in to wash the clothes. It is usually in the ‘off’ position. So I went to do laundry and flipped it to what I assumed was ‘on.’ Only when I went back down an hour later to put my clothes in the dryer and heard the washer beeping did I realize I had flipped the switch ‘off’ and the washer had basically been yelling at me to turn the water on but I hadn’t heard.

9. I watched the 1964 driver’s ed short film, Red Asphalt, to review for an upcoming podcast episode. It was definitely a bloody and at times gory scare film. However, I think the horror films I watched growing up conditioned me to not be easily startled so I only had a few moments of being caught off guard, but for kids of the 60s I could easily see this being a shocker.

Viewer Discretion Is Advised


10. It still amazes me after so many years of going to the gym how hard it is for some people to simply clean a machine they use. It amazes me more how angry they get when you ask them if they’re going to wipe their nasty sweat off a machine. I shudder to think about these people’s hygiene in other areas of their lives.


Subscribe to the YouTube Channel

No comments: